Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

I Tried On 20 Pairs of Straight-Leg Jeans to Find the Best-Fitting Ones https://ift.tt/15V0n8X

While skinny jeans will forever remain a staple in my closet and baggy jeans are the cool new kid on the block, it’s straight-leg jeansthat are unquestionably the hardest-working item in my wardrobe, which begs the question—why do I only own two pairs of the rigidly good stuff? Granted, I wear these two pairs a lot, but still, as a fashion editor, this is not okay. With plenty of superb new styles on the market right now, combined with my lackadaisical approach to washing my jeans regularly (I know I’m not alone), I’d say it’s officially time to add a fresh crop of straight-leg jeans to my arsenal.

The vintage-inspired silhouette has been around for some time now, but the subtle nuances in style and shape can vary greatly. So I tried and tested a plethora (20, to be exact) of brands and styles to find the eight best-fitting and most flattering pairs. If you’re on the hunt for a fresh new pair of straight-leg jeans, read on to check out my absolute favorites to invest in right now. (For reference, I am 5’7” and usually wear a size 27.)

One of my absolute favorites in terms of fit and overall look. The high waist sits perfectly on my torso, and while I tend to favor jeans with a little stretch (the Charlotte is crafted from non-stretch denim), these are surprisingly super comfortable and incredibly versatile.
I can't get over how soft these jeans are, most likely due to the touch of Lyocell added to the rigid denim. They have a slim-straight fit through the leg with a slightly tapered ankle. The faded gray color also makes them easy to dress up or down, but my favorite detail is the exposed button fly, which is perfectly on-trend right now.
If you're looking for easy, laid-back, and über-comfortable straight-leg jeans, then these are the best. They sit slightly relaxed at the waist and are cropped at the ankle—perfect for wearing with sneakers or heels.
Fellow Who What Wear editors Lauren Eggertsen and Anna LaPlaca have already expressed their adoration for the newest straight-leg Levi's on the market. (They're called Ribcage for a reason!) On the hanger, these look bulky, but once I put them on, they were unexpectedly slimming and flattering. If you love a high rise and a slightly wider straight-leg opening, these are for you.
I love the relaxed, slightly looser fit of Boyish's vintage white-wash denim. Talk about comfortable! I could see myself wearing these with sneakers, low-heel ankle boots, or sandals. They're the perfect weekend jeans.
These seem to fall in the realm between a straight-leg and baggy silhouette, which is absolutely perfect for my frame. The high waist and slightly larger leg opening are extremely flattering and very on-trend.
One of Citizens of Humanity's newer styles for spring, these premium vintage jeans have a more relaxed straight-leg fit in rigid denim. The distressed hue looks really cool paired with leather boots or heels alike.
These classic high-waisted vintage jeans are a favorite among the fashion crowd. They are quickly becoming my go-tos to wear with cropped sweaters and low-heel ankle boots.
Slvrlake's jeans are such incredible quality.
We love this light vintage wash.
This fit looks especially comfy.
Cream-colored jeans look so good styled with similar tonal hues.
A looser straight leg is very on-trend right now.
A high-rise silhouette elongates the legs.
H&M's denim is so good for its price.
They call them Favorite Cut Jeans for a reason.
Paige denim is always so comfortable.
These look good with sneakers and heels alike.
These are giving me French-girl vibes.

This post was published at an earlier date and has since been updated. 

Next, This "Boring" Basic Is the Secret to Looking Chic in Winter



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/RQ07uZk

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates