Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

The 16 Most Iconic Chanel Lipsticks of All Time—That's All https://ift.tt/2ZyzRRb

There really isn't anything more luxurious-feeling in this world than buying Chanel, I must say. Not that I would know, but a girl can dream, right? 

Actually, I take that back. I can at least say I've made a few small (but mighty) purchases from the ultra-chic fashion house. Any time I wear them, I feel high-end and French with just a dash of je ne sais quoi. Yep, I'm talking about Chanel lipsticks. Whether you need a lip stain for a night out or something matte to add a pop of color to your daily look, I can guarantee Chanel has you covered. The eternal question remains, however, which hues are truly the best of all time?

We couldn't settle such a matter without the help of Chanel's talented team of makeup artists. It's not an easy feat to narrow it down, but they were up to the task. The artists revealed their top-used and loved shades both on themselves and their high-profile clientele. Take a look below and find the all-time best Chanel lipsticks, straight from the atelier.

Chanel makeup artist Nina Park is a ride or die for this lovely shade of red-brown because it's perfect for all skin tones and is buildable to any intensity. "My favorite way to use this is to dab the product on the back of my hand, dip it onto a Q-tip, and apply it on the lips—starting with the center first then feathering out and building it into a stain. This is absolutely the most used lip color in my kit at the moment." 
Park was so obsessed with this shade for a minute that she took at least 50 photos of her wearing it on Instagram. "This peachy, coral rose color doesn’t feel overpowering [when] on," she shares. "It has a soft boldness that warms up your complexion. I like to go in straight with the bullet to build the color. I blot softly with the first application for longer wear but not after because I love how it glows on the lips."
Behold, Park's holy grail shade of red that's always in her makeup bag. "It brightens up any complexion. I love the velvety, powdery texture of it paired with fresh, radiant skin. I make sure the lip is moisturized and prepped before applying for smooth application."
Makeup artist Cyndle Komarovski loves using this simple, warm shade on stars like Kristine Froseth. " It's a classic warm nude brown that feels so fresh but with a little bit of '90s nostalgia. It also looks great on all skin types."
"The texture of this liquid lipstick is incredible," says Komarovski. "It’s glossy and fully opaque, yet doesn’t budge. It's a show stopper of a red lipstick for sure. I recently used this shade on model Cara Taylor for a beauty shoot!"
Ever wondered what a Chanel makeup artist's every day shade is? Wonder no more, Komarovski dubs this one a complete winner. "This shade is my everyday go-to lipstick. It’s definitely ideal for lips on the pale side that need a boost. You can apply this without even looking in the mirror—definitely a staple in my handbag."
Artist Tyron Machhausen loves this deep berry shade. "First of all, it's such a statement when applied to full strength. But a great alternative way to wear it is to use it as a stain. I put a little bit on the back of my hand and use a firm brush with thick short hair to apply it to the lip. This creates a beautiful wash of color and helps the lips appear fuller and more intense, but still incredibly natural."
"This is one of my favorite nude shades," says Machhausen. "It's just the right mix of beige and pink pigments to look beautiful on a variety of skin tones. I love how it tones done the red pigment in the lip without ever looking washed out and the glossy finish that always looks fresh. I recently used this shade on Whitney Peak for the Met Gala." This lighter hue is also loved by fellow Chanel artist Pati Dubroff. "This is the lip shade I reach for and use the most, both on myself and clients, when I want a sheer cool nude look. It's perfect for when I want a simple, yet still polished and natural looking lip. I especially love using this shade with natural beige lip pencil. I've used it countless times on Margot Robbie and it always looks just right."
Like most of us, Machhausen can never get enough of a good red lip. "You can take the name [of this shade] literally—the finish absolutely looks like velvet! This is one of the most luxurious lipsticks, it's a classic bold red that's timeless and always looks super chic. It's also highly pigmented and glides on effortlessly. I love to use a lip-brush for a precise application or diffuse the contour with a Q-tip for a softer effect."
Dubroff never gets tired of this stunning shade. "It can go from a great natural looking sheer wash to a full-on '90s dense brown matte. When I want a lighter wash, I use a layer of this with a lip brush to stain the lips and often will top with the shade Boy.  When I want fuller coverage, I'll layer a coat and then use a lip bush to define the edges of the lips before adding another coat. I've also used this on numerous red carpets and some favorite Margot Robbie looks." 
For an every day shade, Dubroff goes for this stunning lipstick in the shade Glow. "This is my personal favorite lip color and the one I currently keep in my purse. I love that it gives depth to my lips and looks more than natural without looking too done. It's a berry with a hint of brown. It's also so comfortable I feel like I'm wearing a balm, but with a great amount of pigment payoff."
Makeup artist Fulvia Farolfi used this show-stopping shade on Emma Raducanu for her Met Gala debut. "It’s perfect when applied on a moist lip to give a hint of delicate and flattering matte color," she says. "It's ideal when paired with flawless skin, groomed brows, eyeliner, and blush. Also, a little secret—it's the kind of color and texture that I love to apply as creamy blush too!"
"This is simply the ultimate red," says Farolfi. "It's extremely versatile and looks great on every skin tone. I use it with Chanel Le Crayon Lèvres Rouge Intense on thin lips or for longer lasting results.  Dab lips with a Kleenex, then reapply a second coat of Pirate with lip brush No. 300. Chanel artist Kate Lee also thinks this shade is a must-have. "This limited edition holiday shade has a satin finish and is very long-wearing. It'll be the gift I give to all my friends this year!"
"This is the perfect texture and every day shade! I love the plumping effect, shine, and moisture. It’s all you need for the office or zoom meetings along with a veil of Chanel Les Beiges Foundation ($60) and a coat of Chanel Inimitable Mascara ($32)," says Farolfi.
Lee always reaches for this lipstick for its incredible formula. "It has staying power like no other and the pigment is super punchy, making the bright shades my favorites," she says. "This particular shade is a beautiful peachy nude, which is a nice break from the grayish, mauve nudes [we usually see]." She also happens to love the shade Invincible as well.
This is another go-to product I use for my clients as it's a lightweight matte formula that imparts great pigment, and stays put without feeling dry," says Lee. "I love to use this product as a full coverage lip color, but I also sometimes apply it with a soft domed brush as a soft lip stain. I love all the shades, but this is my current favorite. When padded on with a finger and blotted, this color is almost fluorescent! I just wore this recently to wedding, I just love a bright, stained mouth for fall paired with luminous skin and a bold brow."

Up Next: Trust Me—These Lipstick Colors Will Be Everywhere This Autumn



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/3nxwDFW

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates