Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

I Stalked French Girls On Insta and They All Own These 8 Non-Basic Things https://ift.tt/6dyAKF4

French women are known for the classics. A good pair of jeans + a cable-knit sweater + timeless accessories make up one of the many outfits that I think of when imagining what one would wear to galavant around Paris. One thing the items listed above have in common is that we call them basics. Since French women are very well known for artfully mastering the styling of wardrobe essentials that tends to be what we associate them with. However, if you take a closer look, you'll notice that they also champion a lot of non-boring items as well.

Taking a break from exploring French basics led me to notice themes like funky stripes, menswear staples, unique tailoring, and more. There are a lot of microtrends to be found in Paris but some of them pop up more often than others. Below, find the 8 non-basic things that it seems all of the French girls own.

French girls are known for their love of stripes so this point may not surprise you. But while the black and white striped t-shirts are what most people think of when they think about French fashion, I beg them to think again. Colorful retro stripes seem to be in ever French girls closet these days.
Adorable.
The collar and puff-sleeves take this amazing dress to the next level.
You'll own this one for life.
Oh so retro.
French women love the effortless appeal that comes along with a "borrow from the boys" approach to their wardrobe. Right now, menswear ties are trending harder than ever. This is your perfect excuse to dive into the trend.
An entire brand named after the "homme" aesthetic is right up my alley.
This will come in handy.
I'm all about the leather look.
Any French girl's closet is a treasure trove of blazers. From what I've seen on Instagram, I'm assuming nearly all of them have one in every color. While they love the classic silhouette, they always find a way to wear a blazer that's unlike anything you've ever seen before. Shopping for a unique blazer is the perfect way to get a statement piece that is also timeless.
I'm obsessed with the leather waist.
A spliced blazer goes hard.
I'll take as much denim as I can get.
A blanket scarf can take any boring top and jeans combination to a whole other level. Throwing something like this over a blazer or coat makes for the ultimate layered look. We're all familiar with the Acne Studios scarf, an it-buy that I'm currently debating if I should order right now, but no matter where you get your blanket scarf, you simply won't regret it.
Pretty in pink.
This color is a must.
I'd wear this guy every day.
Structured silhouettes pair well with the effortless pieces that make up a French girl's closet. I find it rare to encounter a military jacket in the US these days but in all of Europe, it's a very popular piece. I'm grabbing one to finish off all of my looks.
I'm obsessed.
A utility take on military chic.
Yes.
While many people often overlook their lingerie drawers, French women have been giving theirs extra attention. They're the ones who invented the word lingerie after all. Ultra-feminine lingerie is right up their alley and you're destined to find delicate lace, pretty pinks, and floral embroidery amongst their collection.
I just got this bra and I'm obsessed.
All of the colors please.
My favorite robe to lounge in.
Here's to a trendy buy that I personally can't get enough of. French women excel in the art of expertly layering tailored separates. Here's one they'll wear with or without the blazer. It can do no wrong.
I've been eyeing this guy for quite some time.
Runway worthy attire.
Immediately yes.
If you love Chanel as much as I do, you probably attribute the French woman's love for tweed to the brand's use of the timeless fabric woven into everything. A little jacket like this can totally upgrade any t-shirt and jeans moment. So naturally, the French say, "j'adore."
I'm in love.
Denim on denim never looked better.
I always gravitate towards this shade of green.

Up Next: I Just Got Back From Paris Fashion Week, and Now These 5 Things Are in My Cart



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/bhIecUg

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates