Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

The Leggings I Wear When I'm Not Going to the Gym https://ift.tt/2FbYUfG

Leggings, though a mainstay in most women’s closets, are a divisive topic. The New York Times came out with an op-ed earlier this year titled “Why Yoga Pants Are Bad for Women” and Who What Wear editors were quick to respond with their own opinions. Personally, they’re an essential part of my wardrobe. I regularly go on hikes and to classes at Body by Simone, and leggings are the functional piece I always wear.

I also wear them when I’m not working out, but I realize that this too is a topic with lots of opinions. Man Repeller penned a story “How to Wear Leggings as Pants” to break down why leggings should be considered pants, explaining, “All it takes is the willingness to withstand at least one comment like, ‘Did you forget to get changed all the way after the gym?’” And for me, that’s not enough to deter me.

Even the über-stylish Lauren Santo Domingo has owned up to wearing them outside of the gym. In a Vogue story, she explained that in the mornings she has a “New York City routine of throwing on a pair of leggings and an oversize sweater to run out for a paper cup of coffee.” Much like Santo Domingo, I have a weekend routine of throwing on a pair of leggings with a sweater or an oversize jacket to head to my local Blue Bottle. And when I’m choosing the leggings, I’ve found that a high-waisted silhouette in a solid color is the easiest option for an outfit that will read as put-together. Ahead see how I’m wearing them and shop my edit of the best styles.

Whether I’m running some errands or popping out to grab a coffee on the weekend, I’ll pair leggings with an oversize jacket or sweater.

Now read about the only five jean styles I wear.



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/39uoVEK

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates