Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

My Vintage-Inspired Aviators Look Expensive, but Are Less Than $40

woman wearing tortoise shell aviator sunglasses A pair of chunky, retro-inspired aviator sunglasses were at the top of my summer shopping list. My requirements were specific: they needed to have a good tortoiseshell pattern, a lighter lens that would show my eyes, and a low enough price tag to keep them from becoming a stress liability — keeping track of my Apple AirPods is hard enough. After trying on a few pairs of cheap-looking plastic versions while also passing up options I loved that were way out of my price range, I found these Aire Whirlpool 53mm Aviator Sunglasses ($39). What I Love About the Aire Whirlpool 53mm Aviator Sunglasses When people compliment them, I'm almost giddy to share the price.The thicker frames, subtle tortoiseshell, and light khaki-tinted lenses capture the vintage vibe I was after. I love that the lenses are light enough that I can wear them inside and still see if I have to run a quick errand, but they also offer full UV protection. They have enough weight to feel substantial but are comfortable enough to wear for hours. I like that the tortoiseshell gives the frames more dimension without creating a high contrast pattern. The frames have a slight square shape to them, which helps them veer more '70s than early 2000s. I've tried on pairs of aviator sunglasses under $20 that definitely looked their price — I blame the high-gloss shine of the plastic, the thin frames, and the all-wrong lens shapes — but these look much more expensive than they are. When people compliment them, I'm almost giddy to share the price. At less than $40, I honestly consider them a steal. woman wearing tortoise shell aviator sunglasses What's Worth Noting About the Aire Whirlpool 53mm Aviator Sunglasses These sunglasses come in several colors, including black frames with tan, tinted lenses; vintage tortoiseshell with brown gradient lenses; and tortoiseshell with khaki-tinted lenses, the latter being what I chose. I love my pair so much that I'm considering ordering the other colors to try on too. The frames are also made from recycled polycarbonate, which I appreciate. I purchased them from Nordstrom and they came with a slim, leather case that has an easy-snap opening, so I can throw them in my purse without worrying about them getting scratched. Who Are the Aire Whirlpool 53mm Aviator Sunglasses Best For? These sunglasses are perfect for anyone looking for a pair of vintage-inspired aviator shades that only look expensive. They have lighter lenses, so they're also ideal for anyone who doesn't mind their eyes showing. Additional Details About the Aire Whirlpool 53mm Aviator Sunglasses 53mm lens width; 21mm bridge width; 142mm temple length 100 percent UV protection Made from recycled polycarbonate Three color options Where Are the Aire Whirlpool 53mm Aviator Sunglasses Available? These sunglasses are available at Nordstrom, Revolve, and Amazon. Rating: 5 Angela Elias is a contributing editor for PS Shopping. In her former roles at PS, she led the relaunch of its Latine identity and family-focused verticals, directed its Home vertical, and hosted shopping segments. She has nearly 15 years of experience working in the lifestyle space as a writer, editor, content strategist, director, on-camera talent, and publicist.

from POPSUGAR Fashion https://ift.tt/AbDzZ5h
https://ift.tt/IvBiyYT

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates