Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

I Put Cole Haan's Loafers to the Test — and They're My New Go-To Shoes

A good pair of penny loafers are a closet staple. You can wear them from winter to summer, and from work to dinner with friends. But finding the right pair of loafers can be a challenge. Some are too stiff for everyday wear, others are too trendy to be a favorite for years to come.

That's where Cole Haan's Lux Pinch Penny Loafers ($158) come in. These shoes feature a classic penny silhouette, one that's been around for centuries, in a soft-grain leather. I've always been a fan of Cole Haan shoes, so when I came across this style, I was eager to test them out and see if they would become part of my everyday shoe rotation. Read my full review of the Lux Pinch Penny Loafers, ahead.

What's the Criteria For a Good Pair of Loafers?

Living in New York City means that proper footwear is an essential. My shoes need to work for my life, enduring eight-plus miles a day, bringing me from the office to the park to a bike ride through the streets. Because I'm constantly on-the-go, the shoes that I reach for are the ones that don't leave me with blisters or aching feet at the end of a long day. Beyond practicality and comfort, I want stylish loafers that I can wear with a range of outfits. These parameters often leave me with a limited selection of shoes to choose from — beyond my trusty Salomon sneakers and my Proenza Schouler x Birkenstock sandals. But the Lux Pinch Penny Loafers fit the bill.

What I Like About the Lux Pinch Penny Loafers

Coming in well under $200, the Cole Haan loafers are rather affordable compared to similar styles made with real leather. My other leather loafers are pretty rigid, but this pair is soft and flexible, while still maintaining its structure. They also didn't have a breaking-in period; I was able to wear them throughout the entire day, blister-free, immediately after taking them out of the box.

To really put the loafers to the test, I wore them biking from Williamsburg to Prospect Park, which is about eight miles roundtrip. I usually have to compromise on my outfit when it comes to biking, and opt for a pair of sneakers instead. On the product listing, Cole Haan says that loafers feature the brand's "3D Lux Comfort," an innovative technology that helps with shock absorption and arch support, while cushioning the heel. Stepping into the shoes, I immediately felt the cushioning effect. It added a nice padding throughout my bike ride, making the loafers practically as comfortable as a running shoe. Not to mention, the loafers complemented my outfit more than my everyday pair of sneakers.

Beyond fit and comfort, the shoe itself is timeless. The grain on the leather is soft and shiny, making it feel quite luxurious. But the classic penny shape can easily be dressed up or down. I've worn these loafers with a long dress for a Friday night dinner and with a tennis skirt and an oversized T-shirt while running errands. No matter the occasion, I just slide my feet into these loafers and wear them all day, issue-free. It's safe to say these Cole Haan loafers have become one of the most worn pairs of shoes in my closet.

What to Consider Before Buying These Loafers

Though the product listing recommends sizing down by a half size for those with narrow feet, I actually found the opposite to be true. I'm a US women's size seven and my feet are about medium width. Initially, I ordered a size seven, but the loafers were too tight. I decided to go up a half size, and they fit perfectly. Since the loafers come in standard width, I'd suggest going up a half size if you have wider feet.

Another factor to consider is that the soles do not have a strong grip, mainly the upper part of the sole. My feet occasionally slipped while walking around, more specifically on the ramp of the city's street curbs. If you're someone who prefers more traction, you can always bring the loafers to the cobbler and add a rubber grip to the sole.

Additional Details About the Loafers

The Cole Haan Lux Pinch Penny Loafers ($158) are available in four different colors. Women's sizes range from 5 US to 11 US, in half-size increments, and come in standard (medium) width.

Where Are These Loafers Available?

You can purchase a pair on the brand's website, Zappos, and Amazon.

Rating: 4

from POPSUGAR Fashion https://ift.tt/Vtm7RJ0
https://ift.tt/jT6HK5M

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates