Latest News

Recent Posts

Travel, Food & Dinning

Found: Buttery-Soft Ballet Flats I Didn't Have to Break in

MadewellGretaBalletFlats The ballerina flats trend is having a renaissance, and I've officially succumbed. After spotting them on stylish celebrities like Hailey Bieber and Meghan Markle and watching them pop up on runways last spring, I suppose it was only a matter of time before I shopped for a pair. You can never have too many comfortable work shoe options, and I prefer flats over heels. The first ballet flats I bought years ago have a bow-adorned, round toe, so this time I wanted to try another take on the silhouette. I've been eyeing Madewell's Greta Ballet Flats ($98) and love how they incorporate the Mary Jane strap — another shoe trend revival! — so I decided to give them a try. What I Love About Madewell's Greta Ballet Flats I'd be remiss if I didn't immediately dive into the buttery-soft feel of this shoe. The leather is so unbelievably supple that I actually couldn't stop stroking the display shoe as I waited for the sales associate to find my size. I've tried on many iterations of this style of ballet flat from a variety of brands and immediately noticed how the elastic straps would cut into the tops of my feet, or the way the back of the shoes would dig into my heels. With this shoe, they immediately felt comfortable and I didn't have to suffer through a breaking-in period. Aside from their blister-free fit, there are other small details in the shoe's design that I really appreciate. The shoe features a squared toe with slightly rounded edges, so they simultaneously manage to feel fresh yet timeless. The toe is also elongated beyond where my toe naturally ends (very ballerina-like!), which keeps my feet from looking short and stubby. I can see the smallest bit of toe cleavage peeking out, which also tricks the eye, making my feet appear longer and somehow slimmer. These seemingly small features are what help set this style apart from other similar pairs I've tried and ultimately didn't take home. WomanWearingMadewellBalletFlats What's Worth Noting About Madewell's Greta Ballet Flats The Greta Ballet Flats come in 15 different styles, ranging from open-weave leather to brightly-colored suede, so the flexibility and feel of the shoe varies depending on the material you choose. I went with the bestselling leather version of the flats, so I can't speak to the comfort level of the other styles. Madewell also recommends ordering a half size smaller than your normal size to allow for the natural stretch that happens with genuine leather. I ended up going with my usual size because they felt most comfortable and I was too worried about blisters to risk it. I've worn them a handful of times and so far so good. Madewell also gives customers a heads up that "wrinkling and buckling may occur due to the unlined construction." I actually don't mind this — I think that the natural patina that develops in genuine leather is part of its charm, but if the thought of that scares you, you might want to go for a fully lined option. If you bought the first iteration of these flats and were unimpressed, Madewell published a note that "an early version of this shoe had a faulty lining that has been fixed for all new shipments." Who Are Madewell's Greta Ballet Flats Best For? These flats are great for anyone who appreciates staying on top of trends but tends to hold onto classic silhouettes that never really go out of style. If you're looking for a comfortable pair of soft leather flats you can style with everything from skirts to barrel jeans, give these a try. Additional Details About Madewell's Greta Ballet Flats Materials: leather upper and leather lining. Leather is "sourced from a tannery that was certified by the Leather Working Group (LWG), an organization that works to promote sustainable environmental practices in the leather industry," according to the brand. Available in 15 styles. Where Are Madewell's Greta Ballet Flats Available? These flats are available at Nordstrom and Madewell. Rating: 5 Angela Elias is a contributing editor for PS Shopping. In her former roles at PS, she led the relaunch of its Latine identity and family-focused verticals, directed its Home vertical, and hosted shopping segments. She has nearly 15 years of experience working in the lifestyle space as a writer, editor, content strategist, director, on-camera talent, and publicist.

from POPSUGAR Fashion https://ift.tt/5gyt3NU
https://ift.tt/VEgSQzF

LIVE BUZZZZ Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates